Yesterday was a very very fun day; definitely one of the best! We decided to go to the Sydney Aquarium. But first we thought we'd see the sights of Sydney! We hopped on the ferry by our apartment and took it to the Sydney harbor which is about a 30 minute ride. It was early in the day and the wind was doing weird things and it was rocking the ferry pretty bad, but it was fun! When I say ferry, it might not be what your thinking of. I first thought it'd be like the old ones with a spinning paddle on the back; big and white like the ones you see at Disneyland. This is not the case. They are actually pretty big boats! They are two stories high and run like a ship would. Okay here is the funny story. Well the captain came on and announced that because of the wind, we would be hitting some high swells and we were guarenteed to get wet if we were sitting outside. My family and I was sitting outside in the front and assumed we would sprayed a little, but nothing too bad. Well, about 20 seconds after the announcement, the boat hits this wave. And I kid you not, we were all hit with a wall of water. It just kept coming and coming!! We got SOAKED!! I looked like I just got out of the shower. Then everybody stood up and was fighting to get inside. Oh my gosh. It may not be funny to read, but it was hilarious to experience!
It took all to dry, but oh well! When we got to Sydney we went and walked the Opera House! It's such a cool building. The structure you see is actually just the roof, the inside is underground a bit. Its cool!
The aquarium was awesome! We walked underneathe sharks and whales and all that jazz. It was neat! After the aquarium, we went and ate dinner at this authentic Chinese restuarent. Hardly anyone spoke English. I'm very much a fan of how we AMericans eat! We eat vey unhealthy food in ginormous portions! Well, not the Chinese! They eat small portions of extremely healthy food! So, it was a bit different, but very very good! They didn't have utensils at all, so I had to struggle and eat with chopsticks haha. All in all, it was a very fun day and I'm glad I got to spend it with my family!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sounds like a total blast! ugh im so jealous that you are there! miss you tons!
ReplyDelete