Sunday, February 21, 2010

Surf's up!

Okay so I've got a few days to make up for. Thursday and Friday were just beach days again. I cannot get enough of it. The sunshine and warmth is just so relaxing to me! i love it! Saturday was also a beach day, but it was better than most! This time my dad got to come. He is usually working so he hasn't been to the beach much, but he came on Saturday and it rocked. Turns out...my dad knows how to surf! He's no Johnny Tsunami, but he's actually pretty decent and I was impressed. Well, instead of us blowing $100 on a lesson, we just had out dad teach us. There isn't as much to it as I would've thought! At first, I was really quite scared. I'm not afraid of many things, but deep water is one of them. My dad went through the basics with us on land, then just sent me out there alone. Once I talked myself into, I started paddling out there. Paddling out there is definitely the hardest part. You have to paddle hard and strong to get through the waves. After much failure, I finally did it! Once I got the hang out it, I didn't want to stop! Oh it was just so much fun! It resulted in sore muscles the next day, but it was totally worth it. Thanks Dad!!
Later that night my Dad took Brittany and I out for seafood. Since out recent cruise to Mexico, I discovered my love for seafood. Restaurants here are interesting. They never serve water with ice. We asked them for ice and it kind of threw their whole system off. It was funny! Also, the waiter never brings you your check. You have to ask for it. I think that's a rather polite way of doing it! All in all, it was a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope someone took some pictures of you surfing!! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete