Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! The sun finally came out and I've been so busy playing outside. Back home in PG I had cabin fever hard core. I'm so glad I get this chance to burn it off :)
Well the past few days we've been at the beach all day. Manly is surrounded by so many different beaches, that we've tried a new one every day. It has been fun to mix things up a bit. The first day, I got totally fried. I'm not sure what I was thinking; apparently, I wasn't thinking. I laid out all day and forgot to put on sunscreen. I've been a walking tomato for the past few days haha.
Unfortunatley, one of the days at the beach my 7 year old brother Andrew got stung by a blue bottle while jumping the waves. Luckily, the tentacles didn't stick in him. We screamed it out for about an hour but now he's got a pretty sweet scar and a story to tell!
Another day at the beach, we tried to capture as many sea creatures as we could. We caught a hermit crab and built a little sand castle for him before throwing him back to the ocean. We also caught a jelly fish! That was a bit scarier and harder to catch, but so fun! Other things we do on the beach is play frisbee and build castles with my little brother and sister. It's been a good experience for our family to come closer together :)
We had a little party last night with some of my dads coworkers who have lived here for a while. I have now learned the real and Aussie way to eat a Tim Tam. Its called, The tim tam slam! I will have to bring some home and demonstrate when I get back. It pretty much tastes like heaven!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So fun reading your blog!! Get some sun for me will ya? We miss you all!
ReplyDeletei've never even heard of a tim tam. and tiff. come on, you didn't learn from my mistakes?! don't get sunburnt!! crazy.
ReplyDelete