Sunday, February 7, 2010

The sun'll come out...tomorrow?!

So I'm coming to you today from an Internet cafe next door to our apartment. There is no place to get free wi-fi, except the bar down the street. I probably will never make it there, so I will not be able to post pictures until I get back :( I'm so sorry about that! The bars here 18 and over, so maybe I'll make my way there later on this month. (Don't worry, I'll just get a Coke or something haha)
Saturday we moved to Manly! It's a cute high-class town with a beach on both ends of the city! Our apartment has a balcony that over looks the beach. It's only about 100 steps to the sand!! I can't say enough how beautiful it is here! I went on a run this morning along the beach and I have never seen such a beautiful place in my entire life.
Church yesterday was quite an adventure! We had to take a cab there because we don't want to drive while we are here. Everything is on the opposite side of the road...its pretty trippy. So I can now scratch "ride in a taxi" off my bucket list haha. We definitely were a walking skeptical with a family of 8. Families that size don't come aroud here often, even LDS families. Most of the ward was polynesian (with Australian accents :D ) It was a cute little ward. It was probably 1/8 the size of my ward back home, if that. But WOW they can SING! They tripled the sound of our singing, and there are fewer of them. I was blown away. They love to sing here! It was fast and testimony meeting. It was a good testimony builder to me to recognize that the Church is true, no matter where we are. I felt the Spirit, and I was thousands of miles from home. What a blessing the Church is in my life!
It's still a bit rainy today, but it looks like it will clear up soon! I'm ready to start a brand new week, Australian style! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! I wish that it was easier for you to put up pictures because I really want to see how awesome Australia is! Have you been taking tons of pictures? Keep having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. i may cry because i want to see picture so badly. :( how is this possible?! hey, email me. ok yeah, isn't it cool to go to church in another country? i love it. the customs are different but the gospel is the same. so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiff! I'm in english class writing to you :) sounds like you're having a great time...we miss you here lol but it's not as exciting as Australia :) lucky you!

    ReplyDelete